PROTECTING YOUR ESTATE FROM NURSING HOME COSTS
- posted: Aug. 19, 2016
Germantown Senior Center
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m.
The Ohio Medicaid program has just enacted major changes; the most dramatic since its inception in 1972. Ohio has terminated its 209(b) status under federal law and has converted to an SSI/1634 State. This means that all eligibility rules will be different along with the Medicaid application process. The effective date of this change was August 1, 2016.
Please call for reservations: Chenoa Erisman @ (937) 855-4191. Space is limited.
Lunch will be provided by the Germantown Senior Center after the seminar.
A seminar presentation by Michael J. Millonig, Attorney At Law. Michael J. Millonig practices law at 7929 Washington Woods Dr. in the Washington Township/Centerville area and is
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation since 1998
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Specialist
- CPA inactive status
- Review of all new changes resulting from Ohio’s conversion to an SSI/1634 State
- New Medicaid income eligibility rule
- Possible loss of eligibility for persons currently on Medicaid
- Effect of these changes on estate plans & trusts
- Medicaid eligibility
- Asset preservation strategies
- Use of Trusts to protect estates
- Medicaid Annuities
- Risks of gifting to children
- Understanding Medicaid’s Gift Transfer rule
- Insurance for nursing home care