Best Lawyers in American – Elder Law
Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation since 1998
Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Specialist
Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Elder Law
CPA inactive status
VA (Veterans Admin) Accredited Attorney
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent peer rating
Estate Planning Services:
Includes preparation of wills, trusts, revocable living trusts, estate planning to avoid probate, A B trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, dynasty trusts, family limited partnerships (FLP), special needs trusts (SNT), durable powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, living wills, advanced estate tax planning for estates over eleven million dollars, business succession planning and gift tax returns.
Asset protection planning to protect assets from the risks of future lawsuits, government expropriation and other threats, family limited partnerships (FLP), limited liability companies (LLC), State law exemptions for assets, offshore trusts, foreign asset protection trusts and domestic asset protection trusts (Ohio, Alaska, Delaware, Nevada, Rhode Island, Utah, South Dakota, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wyoming and New Hampshire trusts).
Includes probate administration of decedent’s estates, estate tax return preparation, guardianship and accounts of trustees. Prompt completion of all probate estates is a top priority.
Trust Administration Services:
Includes representation of trustees upon the death of the grantor of the trust and estate tax return preparation.
Preparation of gift and estate tax returns; gift and estate tax advice incident to estate planning to eliminate or minimize such taxes.
My law degree was received from The Ohio State University in 1981. Prior to moving back to Dayton, my hometown, in 1984, I worked with the international public accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche preparing tax returns and providing tax planning services.
Professional memberships include:
- Ohio State Bar Association sections (Elder Law, Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, and Corporate Counsel)
- Dayton Bar Association (Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Committee, Chair: 1999-2000)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys since 1991
- Senior Resource Connection (former board member)
- Hithergreen Senior Center (former board member)
- Miami Valley Gerontology Council (former board member)
- Ohio State Bar Association Elder Law Committee Chair (2008-2010)
- Ohio State Bar Association Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Council
- Ohio State Bar Association Elder Law Specialty Board member
- Dayton Legal Heritage Foundation board member